Monday, October 17, 2011

When You Crashed In The Clouds/IV

When you crashed in the clouds/ Part IV



What Billy didn't know was that Johnathan already knew him. He'd known of him of course. Everyone knew of the Slater family, the millionaire father and the reclusive son. Johnathan had never given Billy anymore thought than to expect him to be another spoiled brat. A spoilt brat that had nothing to do with him.

But that opinion had changed one sunny day in town. He'd been there with a few of his cousins including few of the younger ones who were playing a game of rugby in one of the small side-roads.

He'd heard the little ones yelling and looked around to see little Joey on the ground, crying his heart out after obviously taking a fall. He'd been about to go to the kid but someone else had gotten there before him.

William Slater.

Billy.

He'd frozen on the steps and watched as Billy crouched down next to little Joey and helped him sit up. He'd looked on in surprise as Billy helped Joey brush the dust off his clothes, watched him smile and in turn make Joey smile and had realised maybe he'd gotten it wrong. That this boy was nothing like he'd thought he was.

He'd never told Billy this but that was why on that day at the footy park, he'd felt like he already knew what kind of a person Billy was.

---

"You're really good" Billy says as Johnathan sits down on the grass beside him.

Johnathan scratches the back of his head with a smile.

"Yeah, I play for the local team"

"Wow"

"I'm trying to get a sports scholarship to university" Johnathan tells him, looking embarrassed, twisting a blade of grass between his fingers.

"You want to study?" Billy asks, watching the sunlight playing on the light brown of Johnathan's eyes.

"Nah" Johnathan answers him with a laugh, "but the Bulldogs won't take me if I don't"

"You're going to play for the Dogs!"

"Hopefully"

"That's brilliant. You're brilliant. I know you'll make it" Billy says, absolutely confident in Johnathan's ability.

Johnathan throws a piece of grass in his direction and smiles.

---

"I love your mom" Billy says, grinning at Johnathan.

Jay smiles.

"Good 'cos she loves you too"

"It's nice...I haven't eaten so well in ages"

"They don't feed you at the mansion?"

Billy looks at him and away.

"Billy, I'm sorry...I didn't mean...I'm sorry"

"It's okay. It was just...it was nice to be part of a real family for a little while"

"I don't think mom is going to let you go even if you wanted now. So you'll probably have to come around every week or she'll hunt you down"

"I'll try not to let her down"

---

He watches them together. His son's hands tangled in the dark hair as they kiss, impossibly close almost as if they were one being.

The boy goes down on his knees and he watches the way William tilts his head back, hands gripping in the too-long hair. He swallows, unable to look away. He knows how it feels. He'd been on the receiving end of the same mouth. But those eyes never looks at him like that, those lips never presses gentle kisses on his skin or drinks him in like a dying man.

It is not jealousy. But the need to control. He wants to control the boy. Wants to break him. Wants to hurt him. Wants him to know that he is owned. By him. He wants the boy to know that he will never be free now that he'd been caught. Richard Slater has never been one to consider defeat.




1 comment:

  1. God, the Richard parts are really creepy. D:

    I just want Billy and JT together and happy. D:

    ReplyDelete