Wednesday, October 12, 2011

When You Crashed In The Clouds/II

When you crashed in the clouds: Part II



Johnathan enters the room tentatively, heart beating fast in his chest. It is a large room and in the middle of it, there is a large bed. Much bigger than Billy's.


He'd take Billy's bed any day.

Richard Slater comes in from the bathroom wearing a red bathrobe and a disdainful expression.

Johnathan tries to control his breathing. This is his choice. He wants to be here. He closes his eyes and hears footsteps come closer.

His mom told him that sometimes you have to make sacrifices for love.

He takes a deep breath and opens his eyes.

This is his'.

---

"Who is it?" Billy asks and for a moment Johnathan is confused. Then he feels Billy's fingers trace over the long scratches on his back and freezes. He'd forgotten about those.

"Johnathan…" Billy's voice is so soft and there is a sadness to it that breaks his heart. He turns around. Billy is looking at him with dark blue eyes and Johnathan can't even think of a lie. He'd never had to lie to Billy before.

"Billy" he leans forward but Billy draws back and he feels it like a physical blow. Billy has never drawn away from him. Ever.

"There is someone else" Billy doesn't even phrase it as a question. And Johnathan can't lie. Not to Billy. But he can't tell him the truth either.

"Why Jay?" Billy asks and the hurt in his voice stabs through Johnathan like a knife.

"There's only you in my heart, Billy" And that is never going to be a lie.

Billy smiles sadly.

"Who is it?" he asks.

"I'm sorry" it's all he can say.

"How long?"

"Billy please…"

"HOW LONG?" Billy's yells, standing up off the bed.

"I love you more than anything. I was willing to give up everything for you. I've defied my father for you. And then you go and fuck around with someone else?"

"It wasn't...it wasn't like that"

"Then what? Did one of the physios get carried away? Or one of your teammates? And all this time I was...I trusted you!"

Johnathan rises up on the bed, hand reaching out.

"You're everything I love, Billy please…"

Billy breathes, coming back to himself. He picks up his clothes, not looking at Johnathan.

"We're done"

---

He closes his eyes and lets it happen. There are too many of them anyway. He'd known this was coming. But he had lost Billy and nothing was worth anything anymore. Certainly not his life.


To be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment