Wednesday, October 19, 2011

When You Crashed In The Clouds/ V

When you crashed in the clouds/ Part V


Cooper opens the door to find a distraught Billy at his door.

"Billy, what happened?"

"Johnathan…" Billy enters the room, going straight for the bed and sits down, head in hands.

"What happened?" Cooper asks again, cautious.

This is a topic they disagree on quite strongly and he doesn't want to make Billy more upset than he is already.

"He was…" Billy looks up with tear filled eyes, "with someone else"

Cooper blinks in surprise and sits down next to him, wrapping an arm around his friend and pulling him closer.

"You're sure?" he asks as Billy buries his face in his shoulder.

"He didn't deny it" Billy whispers and Cooper can feel the tears soaking in to his skin.

"I love him Coop. I still love him. God! I'm so pathetic!"

"You're not pathetic, Bills"

Billy pulls back from Cooper, running both hands through his hair.

"I though he… I really thought…"

"I'm sorry Billy" Cooper whispers.

Billy looks at him with tear-filled eyes.

"What can I do, Coop?"

---

"What's going on man?"

Johnathan looks at Matt once and gets up.

"Nothing" he says, shouldering his bag and moving away.

"How the fuck are you gonna get your scholarship if you keep missing training like this?" Matt asks, gripping Johnathan's forearm with a strong hand.

Johnathan tries to pull back.

"I don't care! I don't care about the damned scholarship. None of this matter anymore, Matt" Johnathan yells, pulling away.

Matt looks at him.

"Is this about him?"

Johnathan looks away, fighting back tears.

"I fucked it up. It's all my fault!"

"JT…"

"He won't even look at me. It's my fault and I don't care about any of this anymore"

---

"What are you doing here?" Billy asks.

Matt gets up.

"This is the only place I knew to find you"

"What do you want?"

"To know what happened" Matt says.

Billy looks at him.

"Why?"

"Because he's tearing himself to pieces over it. He's going to flunk out of the scholarship if he keeps this up. But he won't tell me anything" Matt grinds out, obviously hurting.

Billy fights down the twinge in his heart. He knows what the scholarship means to Johnathan. But he can't care anymore.

"He cheated on me"

Matt looks at him incredulously.

"No"

"He did" Billy states, hating this conversation already.

Matt shakes his head.

"He wouldn't. Gods! Do you even know how much he...all this time, all he could talk about was you. Always. The boys were getting a bit sick of it actually but we said 'fuck it' because you obviously make him happy so we put up with it. There is no way in the world he'd ever, EVER, do anything to mess it up!"

Billy hates it, this burning feeling in his chest. He doesn't want it. He doesn't want to know.

"Ask him. Ask him and then tell me again how much he wouldn't mess it up!" Billy bites out and walks away.

No comments:

Post a Comment