Hopefully next year will be the year of the BLUES!
Daniel stared at Nathan's photo on his mobile screen. He let out a deep sigh. He wasn't sure whether to press the dial button or not. He didn't know what time it was in Indonesia. He had no idea whether Nathan had done it. Nathan had told him it was going to happen today. Why Nathan had told him he had no idea but he had and now Daniel couldn't concentrate. He felt as if Nathan had cheated on him. But they both knew it was the other way around. Nathan had cheated on her, with him. It would be 3 weeks until he would see Nathan again. Daniel didn't know whether he could last that long. He missed him. He pressed the dial button. He promised to wait until the 3rd ring and switch off.
Ring....
Ring....
Ri— “Hello?”
Daniel was speechless. He was not meant to pick up.
“Morts?” Nathan sounded tired.
Daniel licked his lips. "Hi”
“You alright?” Daniel closed his eyes. Nathan's voice was comforting to his ears.
“Yeah. Yeah......um” Daniel didn't know what to say.
“Danny?”
“Have you...you know ...done it?” Daniel kept his eyes closed.
“In a couple of hours ...yes”
“Ok”
“Danny?”
“Nathan...” Daniel opened his eyes. “I should go”
“Danny...let’s talk for a bit”
“Where is she?”
“She’s with Buster”
“Right”
“How are you Morts?”
“Good”
“I think I’m eating too much. Getting a bit fat” Nathan laughed.
Daniel couldn't help but smile.
“Don't get too fat” Daniel said. “I don't think I can take a bigger you”
Nathan laughed.
“I’ll try not to”
“Hey Nathe?”
“Morts?”
“Congratulations”
A short silence followed Nathan's words.
“Thanks”
“I should go”
“I'll be home soon ok? Danny I miss you”
“I miss you too…I have to go”
“Bye then”
“Good bye Nathan”
Ohhhhhhhhh!!
ReplyDeleteThey are such a ridiculously cute couple :D
We miss you, Morts :(