Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Ashes and wine

The responsibility for this fic I lay at the feet of Yellowleaf, who wanted Dal/BJ :D

He watched Dal sleep. He'd never say it out loud but Dal looked adorable asleep, all curled up with his hair sticking out in all directions. He leaned in and kissed him on the lips. Sleepy blue eyes were watching him as he leaned back and the smile on that face made him almost forget he was not meant to get attached. There were no strings in this relationship.
He leaned in again and kissed Dal with more intent as he moved to straddle him. He didn't hear the door open, nor the gasp that followed but he knew when Lenny entered the room.
"Your front door was unlocked and I..."
He saw Lenny grasping for words and saw the moment when they failed him. He held Lenny's eyes for a moment before Lenny fled. He was off the bed and pulling on his shorts in a second. He paused for a moment for Dal who was sitting up in bed watching him. He took a breath and walked out the door after Lenny.
- - -
"Stop, Lenny!"
"I'm sorry I didn't know..." Lenny's brown eyes were wide as he tried to apologise.
"Don't, don't!" he didn't know why he suddenly felt so angry.
"Brendon..."
"You can't do this! Not when you know how I feel,"
"What?"
"You know. I know you know. And I know you don't give a shit but that doesn't give you the right to just come in and act like I've hurt you somehow. How can I hurt you when you don't give a fuck?"
- - -
He yelled in frustration. He had completely messed it up. Lenny had just left, hurt and betrayal etched on his face. He hated it that he felt guilty. He had nothing to feel guilty about. He punched the wall, satisfied at the pain lancing up his arm. He leaned his head against the wall and breathed. When he finally turned, Dal was standing at the bedroom door, a quilt wrapped around his waist.
"Do you want me to leave?"
He hated himself then. He had Dal, his beautiful, smiling Dal who he didn't deserve because he kept on reaching after something that was impossible.
He made it to Dal in three steps, kissed him with more force than intended but he didn't care. He pulled Dal back in to bed and battled to erase any trace of Lenny from his mind. Dal rose to meet every one of his thrusts without flinching and he loved him then, the darkened blue eyes, the wild hair, the simple fact that Dal was here. It was almost enough to make him forget. Almost.
At the end when he'd gotten his breath back, his mind clear enough to see the bruises he'd left on Dal's body, he felt sick.
"I'm sorry,"
Dal held his eyes.
"I'm not."
"Dal..."
Dal sat up, forcing him to look at him.
"I'm here. Whatever you need, I'm here."

To be continued...

1 comment: