"I'm sorry...for getting angry"
"I thought you were joking when you said...I didn't think you meant it"
"I meant every word"
"Brendon..."
"I wouldn't lie about something like this"
"I'm sorry you thought I was ignoring what you said"
"You believe me now?"
"Yes but...Dal?"
"It was just sex. We weren't together"
"Dal knew this?"
"Yeah. I've...we've broken it off. It's over. Lenny, go out with me?"
"On a date?"
"Yeah"
---
"What the fuck have you done?"
BJ didn't know but he didn't much care for facing a very angry Justin.
"What are you talking about?" he saw Lenny straighten up as he stood up to face Justin.
"Dal"
He felt his heart sink. Oh no.
"Dal?"
"Yeah Dal! You know what he did last night? Got drunk. Dal who almost never drinks, got so drunk that he thought he could walk through a glass door. But he didn't care about the cuts or the blood, all he could talk about was you. He's in love with you. Goddamn it BJ! What have you done?"
"I..."
"Is he alright?" he hadn't realised when Lenny had come over. He could hear the concern in Lenny's voice but couldn't look at him. This was his mess. He'd thought he had made a clean break. He thought Dal had understood.
Dal was in love with him.
"Nick's with him at the hospital. It's not serious" Justin's voice was calmer addressing Lenny.
"They're gonna keep him overnight for observation"
BJ fought the urge to step back when Justin looked at him.
"Fix this, BJ. Whatever you have to do, fix this!"
---
Nick gave him a look before leaving the room. There was no anger in those blue eyes, just...disappointment. He'd take Justin's anger any day.
Dal was asleep. His arms were wrapped in gauze and there were a few cuts on his face. He tied the giant Thomas the tank engine balloon he'd bought on the bed and sat down on the chair Nick had vacated, resolved to wait.
He wasn't sure when everything had gone wrong. He'd been so focussed on Lenny that he'd forgotten Dal was a part of it too. It wasn't that he didn't love Dal, it was just that Lenny held his heart. He didn't know when Dal had fallen for him, hadn't realised it when they'd been together. But he should have. He should have.
"BJ?" It broke his heart to hear the sleep laced joy in Dal's voice. How many times had he heard that and thought nothing of it?
"Hey"
"I tried to walk through the door!" there was a grin in Dal's voice as he recounted his adventure.
"You scared everyone"
"Even you?"
"Yeah" Especially me.
"Nick said I had to come to the hospital"
"He loves you"
"I'm sorry"
He looked up at the seriousness in Dal's voice.
"I don't want to ruin everything for you. You weren't supposed to find out that I...I couldn't help it, I'm sorry"
"Don't apologise. Dal, this is not your fault"
"It is...just a bit" Dal said with a smile.
Dal was so beautiful. He didn't deserve this.
"Dal...I can't...don't..."
"It's okay. You don't have to say anything or do anything. Just give me sometime to get over it" The quiet sadness in Dal's voice made his heart ache.
"I'm sorry Dal. I should never have involved you"
"Don't say that! I don't regret it. I'm glad to have had that time with you"
BJ reached out and touched Dal's fingers on the bed, the palm was wrapped in white gauze.
"I do love you"
"I know. But not enough"
He held those sad blue eyes but couldn't deny it. He would do anything for Dal but he couldn't love him the way he deserved.
He leaned forward and kissed Dal on his forehead, running his fingers through the dark blonde hair.
"Don't walk through any doors again okay?"
"Sorry, can't make any promises" he was glad to see Dal smile.
"Will you stay until I fall asleep?"
He sat down on the side of the bed, hand still in Dal's hair.
"Go to sleep. I'll stay"
---
When he walked out of the room after Dal had fallen asleep, Nick and Justin were waiting for him. Nick looked tired, Justin looked angry. Time to face the music. As he made his way towards them, Nick touched Justin's arm and said a few words that made Justin glare but walk away towards the hospital cafeteria. Nick probably wanted to talk to him alone before Justin could pommel him to death.
"He's asleep" he said before Nick said anything.
Nick nodded.
"We'll take him home tomorrow"
We. Dal had always been the baby of the group. Everyone loved him and were very protective of him. Especially Nick and Justin.
"I've made such a mess" he sighed sitting down on a chair.
"Yeah, you have" Nick said, sitting down next to him.
"Thanks, Nick"
To be continued...
"I thought you were joking when you said...I didn't think you meant it"
"I meant every word"
"Brendon..."
"I wouldn't lie about something like this"
"I'm sorry you thought I was ignoring what you said"
"You believe me now?"
"Yes but...Dal?"
"It was just sex. We weren't together"
"Dal knew this?"
"Yeah. I've...we've broken it off. It's over. Lenny, go out with me?"
"On a date?"
"Yeah"
---
"What the fuck have you done?"
BJ didn't know but he didn't much care for facing a very angry Justin.
"What are you talking about?" he saw Lenny straighten up as he stood up to face Justin.
"Dal"
He felt his heart sink. Oh no.
"Dal?"
"Yeah Dal! You know what he did last night? Got drunk. Dal who almost never drinks, got so drunk that he thought he could walk through a glass door. But he didn't care about the cuts or the blood, all he could talk about was you. He's in love with you. Goddamn it BJ! What have you done?"
"I..."
"Is he alright?" he hadn't realised when Lenny had come over. He could hear the concern in Lenny's voice but couldn't look at him. This was his mess. He'd thought he had made a clean break. He thought Dal had understood.
Dal was in love with him.
"Nick's with him at the hospital. It's not serious" Justin's voice was calmer addressing Lenny.
"They're gonna keep him overnight for observation"
BJ fought the urge to step back when Justin looked at him.
"Fix this, BJ. Whatever you have to do, fix this!"
---
Nick gave him a look before leaving the room. There was no anger in those blue eyes, just...disappointment. He'd take Justin's anger any day.
Dal was asleep. His arms were wrapped in gauze and there were a few cuts on his face. He tied the giant Thomas the tank engine balloon he'd bought on the bed and sat down on the chair Nick had vacated, resolved to wait.
He wasn't sure when everything had gone wrong. He'd been so focussed on Lenny that he'd forgotten Dal was a part of it too. It wasn't that he didn't love Dal, it was just that Lenny held his heart. He didn't know when Dal had fallen for him, hadn't realised it when they'd been together. But he should have. He should have.
"BJ?" It broke his heart to hear the sleep laced joy in Dal's voice. How many times had he heard that and thought nothing of it?
"Hey"
"I tried to walk through the door!" there was a grin in Dal's voice as he recounted his adventure.
"You scared everyone"
"Even you?"
"Yeah" Especially me.
"Nick said I had to come to the hospital"
"He loves you"
"I'm sorry"
He looked up at the seriousness in Dal's voice.
"I don't want to ruin everything for you. You weren't supposed to find out that I...I couldn't help it, I'm sorry"
"Don't apologise. Dal, this is not your fault"
"It is...just a bit" Dal said with a smile.
Dal was so beautiful. He didn't deserve this.
"Dal...I can't...don't..."
"It's okay. You don't have to say anything or do anything. Just give me sometime to get over it" The quiet sadness in Dal's voice made his heart ache.
"I'm sorry Dal. I should never have involved you"
"Don't say that! I don't regret it. I'm glad to have had that time with you"
BJ reached out and touched Dal's fingers on the bed, the palm was wrapped in white gauze.
"I do love you"
"I know. But not enough"
He held those sad blue eyes but couldn't deny it. He would do anything for Dal but he couldn't love him the way he deserved.
He leaned forward and kissed Dal on his forehead, running his fingers through the dark blonde hair.
"Don't walk through any doors again okay?"
"Sorry, can't make any promises" he was glad to see Dal smile.
"Will you stay until I fall asleep?"
He sat down on the side of the bed, hand still in Dal's hair.
"Go to sleep. I'll stay"
---
When he walked out of the room after Dal had fallen asleep, Nick and Justin were waiting for him. Nick looked tired, Justin looked angry. Time to face the music. As he made his way towards them, Nick touched Justin's arm and said a few words that made Justin glare but walk away towards the hospital cafeteria. Nick probably wanted to talk to him alone before Justin could pommel him to death.
"He's asleep" he said before Nick said anything.
Nick nodded.
"We'll take him home tomorrow"
We. Dal had always been the baby of the group. Everyone loved him and were very protective of him. Especially Nick and Justin.
"I've made such a mess" he sighed sitting down on a chair.
"Yeah, you have" Nick said, sitting down next to him.
"Thanks, Nick"
To be continued...
I like Justin. Go and teach BJ a lesson Justin! He can't treat Dal like that... Our beautiful Dal ;)
ReplyDelete