Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Hear me through the silence II

Part II



"Why did you kiss me?"

"Because I wanted to"

"That's not an answer" Johnathan holds his eyes before looking away.

"It is"

Billy watches the wind tugging at Johnathan's hair and wants nothing more than to run his fingers through the dark waves.

"No one had ever...looked at me like that" Johnathan says quietly, still looking away.

"Like I'm worth something" Johnathan looks up, green eyes bright.

"Why do you...how do you do that?"

Billy gently touches his shoulder with Johnathan's.

"You know what I thought when I first saw you that day? I thought you were a dream. I thought no one so beautiful could possibly be real. But you were. You are"

"You're stupid" Johnathan says angrily, drawing away from him.

"Because I thought you were beautiful?" Billy asks.

"Because it's not real. None of it lasts but it's all anyone ever sees"

"I wasn't just talking about the way you look, Jay" Billy says with a small smile and is pleased to hear Johnathan laugh.

"You're still stupid" Johnathan says, smiling at Billy.

"Okay" Billy smiles back.

Johnathan stands up, ready to leave.

"You are too, you know" he says, looking over his shoulder at Billy.

"what?"

"Beautiful"

---

Cooper looks at him incredulously.

"Johnathan? As in Johnathan Thurston?'

Billy nods.

"Yeah"

"You don't know, do you?"

"Don't know what?"

"He's with Luke Lewis. You know that big blond guy."

"What?"

"Yeah, complicated relationship that one but I'm pretty sure. Everyone knows Luke pretty much lives in JT's room"

"Luke…"

"Billy, why-"

"I gotta go. See you later, Coop"


---

Billy kisses him, crushing their lips together fiercely.

"I give it back. You can keep your kiss. It's obvious it can't be mine!"

He starts to walk away but Johnathan pulls him back and he doesn't know who starts it but then they're kissing and kissing and Billy forgets everything else but this.

He can feel the pulse running a million miles an hour under his fingers, breath hot and fast on his skin. He can feel his own heart beating furiously in his chest and knows. Knows that this here, right now is the most alive he'd felt in his life. In this moment he is eternal. They are eternal.


To be continued...

1 comment: