Billy stared at the newspaper in horror.
This could not be happening.
Johnathan came back in to the room carrying a giant mug of coffee. He paused as he saw Billy’s expression.
“Hey...what’s going on?”
When Billy didn’t answer, he set the mug down on the table and went around the couch to look at the newspaper frozen in Billy’s hands.
As he registered the headline he swore so violently Billy flinched.
“How do they..?” Johnathan asked once he’d gotten past the initial shock.
“Nicole”
“Nicole? The Nicole?”
Billy looked at him “I shouldn’t have...I was so abrupt with her...maybe I could have...”
“What? Not tell her the truth? Married her?” Johnathan asked angrily.
“No. I wouldn’t have married her. I just... Shit!” He swore as his mobile began to ring. He could also hear the phone ringing in the bed room. Johnathan sighed.
‘Get this. I’ll get the other one”
Billy picked up the phone.
“Hello?” He asked tentatively.
“What the fuck is going on?” Billy flinched at the anger in his managers’ voice. As he listened to his manager’s contingency plans about how to manage the situation, Billy heard Johnathan shouting in the other room “Because it’s none of your fucking business!” followed by a crash.
“I gotta go” Billy said hurriedly to the phone.
“Ok, Ok. Just don’t go outside till I get there alright? And tell Johnathan to stay calm”
When Billy got to the bedroom, he was met with the sight of broken glass on the floor and Johnathan sitting on the side of the bed, head in his hands. He went over and knelt in front of his lover.
“Hey”
Johnathan looked up, lowering his hands.
“This is so fucked up”
Billy grinned, taking Johnathan’s hands in his.
“We’ll get through this. Ricky’s coming over and he always has a plan. Everything will be alright...Johnathan”
Johnathan looked at Billy.
“I don’t know Billy...everything’s going to change now. How are we gonna..?” He gestured helplessly with his hands.
Billy got up and sat down on the bed next to him. Johnathan turned to face him, his brown eyes wide.
“Johnathan, you and me we’ve been through so much. There’s no way this is gonna change anything, there’s no way I’m gonna lose this, lose us” He touched Johnathan’s face gently and kissed him on the lips. “I love you. Nothing is ever gonna change that”
To be continued...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete